Thursday 17 June 2010

Controllers: in the end they're all quite pricey!

Many frowned at the announced price for Kinect set at around 149$ but truth be told it isn't much more expensive than Wii controllers or SONY's Move, in fact, if you think about it, it probably is the less pricey.

Don't forget in fact that 1 Kinect will serve everyone using the XBOX360 for any purpose.

Wii and Move controllers on the other hand have to be purchased in pair or even more for multiplayer and not only purposes.

The Move archer sport game, for example featured two sticks, which means 49.99$ (39.99€) + 49.99$ (39.99€) for one player only. If there are multiplayers games where you have to contemporary use two sticks, well, the price rises sensibly and quite easily.
If you put together a Playstation Eye, 2 sticks and the navigator you have reached the Kinect price and surpassed it.

The same can be said for Wii accessories since more or less the prices are the same than Move.

So, of course Kinect seems a tad pricey but it's a one time purchase while the other accessories will likely need to be purchased in multiples but before doing any calculation let's see the first Move releases and the required hardware for playing!

Ivy

2 comments:

  1. Controllers have definitely come up in price over the two system generations. I used to burn through my ps2 controllers really frequently, and my old NES ones. My Genesis one held up great. The Kinect and Move prices were a bit off-putting for me, but I won't rule either out. I just had a battery die on my ps3 controller recently, which is my first dead controller from this generation of systems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something


    sushi-cat2.com

    ReplyDelete