Tuesday 6 January 2009

Console Glamour

Well, simply put style matters and for chicks it matters even more, or, at least, we notice it more and, by and large, are more intrigued by fashion and stylish stuff.

When I unwrapped my pink PSP I was in awe. It's just so PINK! And believe, I'm not much of a PINK lover, I mean, I rarely wear something that it's not black, but pink gadgets are stylish and glamor, that's it. Pink is a way of "being": it means you're active, fun, love having fun, cheerful and so on!


Talking about style PS3 and XBOX360 are pretty different in concept. Sony always try to go the stylish route, that must be said, while MS is probably more "solid" in their design (design only though, I'm not talking about hardware yet).
That said I found the first basic incarnation of the 360 to be a bit ugly, especially the colour while I find the black Elite quite glamorous, the shape is still a bit toy-like but the material and colour add a LOT to the final appearance.

When the first PS3 was shown someone compared it to a xxxx. While maybe the design could be better it still is pretty sober and looks good and quite tech as all the shining black stuff is.

When I first saw a PS3 on screen I immediately like the crossbar, after all it's just like the PSP one and I was already used to it.
What I do like is the many functions there are, plus it's fully customizable, there are lot of available, very different and nice styles and one can create their own.
To me PS3 crossbar it's all about style and it gets a thumbs up!
The icons are well done: essentially stylish and you can do a lot with it, not just playing. To me the PS3 is primary and foremost a gaming device but the additional functions make it even more intriguing to use.

When I first saw a 360 (a Pro one) at work I was shoked at how ugly the dashboard was!
It looked like something quickly done in Photoshop and so basic it was almost embarassing. To me it screemed something like "it's game time kids"! a couple of 360 lovers I know insist that its simplicity was its forte because one can easily access all the functions/features there are. That is probably true... but let glamour and style apart, whoever designed that interface really wasn't worried about them!
Well, thankfully the day I turned my Elite on was the day MS updated the 360 dashboard to introduce a completely new interface and the Avatar: THANKS! The new interface is much nicer and ten times more stylish.
I know people are supposed to mostly play games when either a PS3 or a 360 are on but as we all know appearance also matters and to a chick's eye it probably matters even more.

So my award for Style definitely goes to Sony PS3 and... let's say the truth: BlueRay is more tech than DVD so that means it's more stylish too!

Ivy

ps.: just a final note for pink lovers: a year or so back I bought a slim pink PS2 for my niece. It's so lovely: pink slim console, 2 pink pads, pink memory cards, pink cables... just perfect in its pinkness... how long before Sony and MS take their female audience into consideration again with some stylish pink gadgets?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment